Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rafaelmedeiros@gmail.com is offline

Default Smoke Detector's Light (Blinking Green)

On Mar 16, 10:54 am, mm wrote:
In article . com,
says...
Hi All,

I have 6 smoke detectors at home, and noticed that 4 of them had a
blinking green light. I thought the problem was battery, so I got some
brand new 9v batteries and replaced them on the 4 blinking ones.

Are you sure the builder didn't leave the owners manuals around
somewhere? I'm the second owner, and I don't think I have the manaual
for my smoke alarm, but I do have the manual for the bathroom fan, the
range hood, the water heater that was first in, the furnace, the AC,
plus all the appliances the first owner bought.

Maybe your manual is somehwere in that stack.

Hi all, Thanks for your answers.

I just replaced the batteries today, and about half hour after I did
that they stopped making the noise.
But as soon as I get home I will make sure to check the contact, to
check if thay are making poor contact (as per Dave).
I will also follow RBM's advice and check the maker/model and look it
up on the net to see what they say.
J., I think you are right, because the alarm was triggered 1 month
ago, and only after that I have been noticing the blinking. However I
don't see any Reset Button, there are 2 buttons: "Hush", and "Push and
Hold to Test".
Mm, I did check all the manuals from the house appliances, sprinkler
timer, AC unit, refrigerator, range, microwave, etc. I keep them in a
specific folder, so when I sell the house I can pass that on. But the
Smoke Detector wasn't there.

Again, thanks to all the answers, I will keep you guys posted.

R. Medeiros