Paul Probus

Default Treadmill motor controller schematic at dropbox retired

I have printed off the pdf version of the treadmill motor controller
schematic at the dropbox retired files. As I was looking it over, I
saw that there are some components that aren't labeled as to what
values they should be. For example, R2 and R4 are not labeled what
their resistance values should be. In addition, and I will admit that
I am a complete novice to electronics, I have no idea what L1 is
supposed to represent and there are no values for its size, so I
cannot even make a guess. I am hoping that those who developed the
schematic are still here.

While I do have interest in using the controller as-is (if I can get
the values needed) I am also interested in what it would take to
modify the controller for use to control universal motors because I
have need for controlling the speed of a large router, since the
TDA1085C controller IC was designed primarily for universal motors
according to Motorola's literature that I printed off.

TIA,
Paul