Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Smoke Detector's Light (Blinking Green)

The blinking light will mean different things to different makes and models.
Separate the unit from its base, and where the jack attaches to the unit it
should have the make and model. Look it up on the net to find out what it
means. Generally there will be an audible sound, like a chirp every 45
seconds to let you know that the battery is low

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

I have 6 smoke detectors at home, and noticed that 4 of them had a
blinking green light. I thought the problem was battery, so I got some
brand new 9v batteries and replaced them on the 4 blinking ones.

The problem is, even after I replaced them, they keep blinking
(green), and sometimes do a soft beep.

- Does anyone know what a green blinking light means?
- How can I check the manufacturer? It doesn't say anything around it,
maybe I should open and check inside.

These smoke detectors are only 2 years old, they were put by the
builder, so I don't think I should replace them, right?

Thanks in advance,

R. Medeiros