Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Insulation and Sealer for Hot Air Furnace Pipes

"TKM" wrote in message
What kind of insulation is used on hot air furnace pipes and the sheet

metal
of the furnace plenum? I'd also like to seal the seams and joints which

leak
hot air and have heard there is some kind of liquid sealer for that.

Thanks,

TKM

For insulating ducts I use duct wrap insulation. Usually 1 1/2" thick, but
I think it comes in other sizes also. You can use foil tape to seal joints
and there is also some caulk products that I have seen used, but I don't
know the names. Try a plumbing supply for these materials if you can't get
them at a home center or hardware store.