Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT Is it an hour later yet?

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:13:13 -0500, wrote:

Maybe I just assumed that the data displayed by that program was
related to the date displayed in my clock. It could be a dummy
program that Microsoft provides to fool the terrorists. Sort of like
the Soviets, and probably the Russians before and after them, wouldn't
print complete maps of Moscow, to make things harder for invading
armies.

Chris

Now wait a minute. If you follow the way it was explained to me,
Daylight Savings Time works like a bank. In the spring and summer you
change the clocks in order to deposit time into a savings account.
The government keeps the records about how much time is deposited into

What if I want to set up an off-shore account for my daylight?

What about an off-planet account. I hear there's a lot of daylight on
the moon.

the account, so we dont all have to keep record books. Then comes
winter, and the clocks are set back. Thats when the time from our
time savings account is withdrawn. Everyone knows that winter is
always much longer than summer, and seems to drag on forever. This is
why.

OK. I see.

All the time savings from summer are used in the winter, so the
winters are longer. That's the reason its called Daylight SAVINGS
Time, because it works just the same as a SAVINGS Account. I just

Can you get a Christmas account, where you deposit a little bit of
daylight every week, but they don't pay any interest?

wish they would use the savings time in the summer so winter was not
so long. But as always, the government always does things back
assward.

Is it true that China and Japan have been buying the daylight, and the
US has to pay a lot of interest to get it back?

If I put daylight in my safe deposit box, will it leak out through the
cracks?

Jay Rome