Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT Is it an hour later yet?

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:22:40 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:15:48 -0800, Oren wrote:

On 12 Mar 2007 09:05:21 -0700, "
wrote:

On Mar 12, 10:00?am, Chris Friesen wrote:
wrote:
I have used several of the atomic clock websites, and I am NOT getting
Daylight Savings Time.

The atomic clock sites send out an absolute time in UTC (which doesn't
do daylight saving changes). our local computer is responsible for
converting to the appropriate timezone.

Chris

Somone called a radio talk show asking how the government generates
the extra daylight? can you imagine that

A government person (EST) called one day wanting to speak with the
boss. I explained he was not in at the time. The guy was getting a
little "uppity" with me like I was not telling the truth.

Finally, I said; Sir we are on (PST) 8:00AM in your office equates to
5:00 AM in his office.

"Oh" was his response.

And if the time was actually different, one person on the phone would
be hearing sounds from the future.

Cool. That sounds great.