Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT Is it an hour later yet?

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:00:14 -0600, Chris Friesen

I have used several of the atomic clock websites, and I am NOT getting
Daylight Savings Time.

The atomic clock sites send out an absolute time in UTC (which doesn't
do daylight saving changes). Your local computer is responsible for
converting to the appropriate timezone.

Hey, I was having an actual belly laugh from bus's post, until I read
yours.

OK, that's a good answer but as I said, I also ran tzedit months ago
and changed the DST starting date to the 2nd weekend in March. It
still says that but hasnt' changed.

Maybe I just assumed that the data displayed by that program was
related to the date displayed in my clock. It could be a dummy
program that Microsoft provides to fool the terrorists. Sort of like
the Soviets, and probably the Russians before and after them, wouldn't
print complete maps of Moscow, to make things harder for invading
armies.

Chris