Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default OT Is it an hour later yet?

On 12 Mar 2007 09:05:21 -0700, "
wrote:

On Mar 12, 10:00?am, Chris Friesen wrote:
wrote:
I have used several of the atomic clock websites, and I am NOT getting
Daylight Savings Time.

The atomic clock sites send out an absolute time in UTC (which doesn't
do daylight saving changes). our local computer is responsible for
converting to the appropriate timezone.

Chris

Somone called a radio talk show asking how the government generates
the extra daylight? can you imagine that

That's one of the problems with daylight saving time, some people get
the idea that it actually affects time, rather than just being a mind
trick. Most TALK that way.

The amount of daylight in a particular area depends on the Earth's
axial tilt, which is still way beyond any government's ability to
control. You can imagine what would be required to alter that, and in
just a PART of the world.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster