Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Tiling Narrow Hallway

Greg Esres wrote:
Hallway is 41 inches across. Using 12" tiles leaves very narrow tiles
on each side, which everyone agrees looks bad. Using 6" tiles *might*
enable me to use full tiles all the way across, but the consensus
seems to be that the smaller tiles create a "busy" look.

Anyone have ideas on how to make the 12" tiles look better?

Thanks

Use the same color grout as the tile? Larger tile? We have 20" tile in
very small "L" shaped hallway, continuous from adjoining dining room.
Because the hallway is directly visible from entry, we had to use the
tile layout that looked best in the dining room. It is less than two
tiles wide in the hall and the grout line is not centered. I had to go
look to see how it was laid out, as I just don't notice the grout line.

We have taupe color porc. tile that looks a bit like old stone. Grout
same color. Nice floor that doesn't draw attention to the grout.