Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] businessman@nomail.com is offline

Default OT Is it an hour later yet?

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:36:11 -0500, mm
wrote:

Months ago, I ran tzedit.exe and set the time to change to DST this
weekend, but when I started the computer today, Sunday, it matched my
clocks.

I checked the tzedit setting and it said it was to change the second
weekend in March, like I set it months ago.

So I ran Atomic Clock Sync and it changed the time by 6 seconds! I
just did it again and it says that the time is right and doesn't need
changing. It says it's 5:35PM and that it is Standard Time.

The TV news seems to have started early, but I think everyone who says
the clocks have changed are playing a trick on me.

I have used several of the atomic clock websites, and I am NOT getting
Daylight Savings Time. In fact I manually set my clocks one hour
ahead, and when I ran the atomic clock sites, it set my clock back to
standard time. Did they forget to update them, or what? This is
nearly 24 hours after the time change occurred and they are still
wrong. I just used the atomic clock site to get my clock accurate to
standard time and manually set the time on hour ahead. What a pain in
the ass..... It's not the time changing thats the problem, it's these
atomic clock sites that are not changing thats irritating me. They
should have been updated at precisely 2am when the time was changed.

The program atomic.exe still says that the DST is April 1, 07