Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default OT Is it an hour later yet?

mm wrote:
Months ago, I ran tzedit.exe and set the time to change to DST this
weekend, but when I started the computer today, Sunday, it matched my
clocks.

I checked the tzedit setting and it said it was to change the second
weekend in March, like I set it months ago.

So I ran Atomic Clock Sync and it changed the time by 6 seconds! I
just did it again and it says that the time is right and doesn't need
changing. It says it's 5:35PM and that it is Standard Time.

The TV news seems to have started early, but I think everyone who says
the clocks have changed are playing a trick on me.

My VCR didn't set itself this morning, so I did some checking. It looks
like every station in Chicago removed the time signal from their
transmissions! The only station I could find on cable that had the time
signal was the Travel Channel, which set my VCR to UTC instead of CDT.

--
Martians drive SUVs! http://oregonmag.com/MarsWarm307.html