Posted to alt.home.repair
mdo mdo is offline

Default Hot water heater: running out of water too fast

I just bought a house, and the hot water tank was only 6 months old
when I moved in. We've only been in it a week, but it seems that if
two people have normal (5 - 10 min) showers in the morning, the hot
water runs out by the time the second person is half done. I know
noting about a hot water heater except how to change the temperature
setting, so am a little lost here. Does anyone have a comment or
suggestion about what may be going on, or what I can do before I have
to call a plumber? Thanks in advance.