Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Solder vs. epoxy for copper pipes?

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 19:20:52 -0800, "Sacramento Dave"
wrote:

Someone just told me it works great if you can't get all the water out of
the line to solider. I know they make some epoxies that dry underwater. The
only thing is this is all new stuff so it hasn't had the test of time.

They might even have tested it for a few years in some small to
middle-sized application, in Denver or Mongolia, but I would like 100
year test. How long has soldered copper been used? There are
probably plenty of pipes around from the first decade of its use. I
don't think the rest of my house will last as long, but I think the
solder joints will last 200 years.