Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] runderwo@mail.win.org is offline

Default APC Smart UPS shows overload with no load attached

On Feb 22, 8:08 am, "
wrote:

I'm glad it seems to be working now at least. I just find it very odd
that
the way to cure the UPS sensing an overload is to plug a load into it,
and thinking that maybe it has something to do with the high input
voltage.

Well, how odd. I had a Tripp Lite cheapo unit that claimed the
battery was bad even though it was only a year old. I was also
surprised to find that plugging a load into it allowed it to "see" the
battery and charge it as usual.

Is there something to this or did lightning just strike twice?