Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
rkremser rkremser is offline

Default Looking for simple and reliable voltage doubler 12-24v

Hello as the topic says i'm looking for a simple design for a 12 to 24 volt
convereter. I have been looking around and realize that there are charge
pumps, transfomer methods and inductor methods to use. When it comes down
to it i need up to .5 amps at the 24 volts and it needs to be reliable and
not sensitive to mechanical vibrations (to be mounted on something similar
to a gocart and run off of the 12 volt system) The smaller the package the
better no more than two cubic inches or so. This will be used to drive two
air solenoid valves for shifting and clutching. Any recomendations are
welcome. I know there are many maxim chips that are very much suitable for
the application but for some reason i feel somewhat hesitant to go the route
of a single IC. thanks in advance