Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Aldi Air Compressor

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
o.uk...
Aldi have a 2.5HP Air Compressor at under £60 and a range of air tools at
bargain prices http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/

As a business, you would need to comply with the Pressure Systems Safety
Regulations 2000 if you buy one. That means regular inspections of the air
receiver and I don't see a suitable inspection port - usually a very big
hexagonal nut in the centre of the end cap. I note that the specifications
do not state whether the 270 l/min is a continuous or an intermittent
rating, so I would guess that it is probably not continuously rated. I would
also be rather dubious of its suitability for spray painting, as I have paid
more than that for the filters/separators needed to produce the clean, dry
air that spray painting needs.

Personally, if I needed a portable source of air, I would look for a good
second-hand Hydrovane 5, without air receiver. That is capable of providing
5 cu ft / min continuously, relatively quietly and, as it has no pressure
vessel, without the need for pressure vessel insurance or inspections.

Colin Bignell