Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default Firex Smoke Alarm Detector Problem

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:02:53 -0500, "Les"
wrote:

I have Firex smoke alarm detectors for the bedrooms. (Apparently put in by
builder.) One went off
sporadically last night. There was no smoke. I noticed that the green
light blinks periodically, but I
saw, or thought I saw, it red periodically. Has anyone out there had a
similar problem?

Guess I will go down to Home Depot and get a new one, since documentation
says to replace every
10 years. The model has been discontinued, and when I tried calling the
company, Invensys, the
phone has been disconnected.

Sure would appreciate any suggestions....

Not a solid green, check the power supply and I wonder, how old are
they?

tom @ www.MedJobSite.com