Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS GregS is offline

Default BIOS Reset Help

In article , Lionel Wagner wrote:
I have changed the DIMM's in a computer in order
to upgrade. Since then, all I get when powering
up, is one long beep followed by two short beeps.
I understand this is a memory error. I have re-
installed the original DIMM's but the error persists.
I have removed the BIOS battery and re-installed,
no good. I tried shorting two points close to
the battery in order to "clear CMOS" also without
success. Is there another reset procedure?

This message is encoded in (free) open source Linux
The reliable virus-resistant alternative to Windows

I would clean up all the contacts first.

greg