Posted to sci.electronics.repair
w9gb w9gb is offline

Default APC Smart UPS shows overload with no load attached

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"w9gb" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in message
oups.com...
How do I deal with a Smart UPS 1000 that shows overload after self
test when no load is attached? The inverter sounds quite a bit louder
than usual.

I'm very interested in this. Are you directly involved with this
refurbishment operation, to the point of knowing these units well ? I have
a Smart-UPS 700. It seems to indicate that it thinks all is well when it
is just idling, single computer on the end, one load light showing, centre
"doing nothing" status light showing, but a few months ago, we had some
power outages in the village where I live, and it failed to hold the power
up, causing the computer attached to it to immediately reset.

Arfa -

I met Chris through some mutual friends -- he first started this business in
his parent's basement (when he was finishing high school).

IF you have a specific question -- fell free to call or e-mail him at the
Internet -- I provided.

APC has now been purchased by Schneider Electric (a French company that also
acquired Square D a few years ago).

gb