Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sideboard Strategies?

Thanks for the detailed reply. I am probably thinking about the
process and mechanical design wayyyy more than I should, but I see
from your post you too were thinking of the savings when using more
secondary appearance materials.

A design like that could also be a great answer help with the low
quality of woods that seem to be the norm. Every time I go the
hardwood store it seems that they either have really good material
(rare) at unbelievably high prices, or they have so so material at
unbelievably high prices.

They also sell crap that should probably be burned.

I like the whole strength consideration, and looking at the design I
am wondering why it took so long for someone to come up with it. But
you are certainly the first one I know to try it. I remember seeing
that mag with the guy's article, but I think your site explains it
better. I had no interest when I saw the article.

I sure hope you let us know (me especially!) how this piece progresses
and how your hands on time compares to the more traditional way.

Robert