Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot water faucet won't stop dripping

"tenplay" wrote in message
news
My Eljer bathroom sink faucet has two handles and a spout. Twice I've
replaced the washer under the hot water handle. Both times the dripping
stopped for a few days and then started dripping again. It stops when I
tighten the handle but is dripping again a couple of hours later. I'm
sure I am putting the correct washer in. When does the internal unit
itself have to be replaced? Thanks for any advice.

It could be that the seat the washer is sealing against is defective, has a
burr, or mineral deposits. That will ruin the washer in short time.