Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sideboard Strategies?

I seem to remember earlier discourse from you on this method. Now
seeing it on your site makes it easier to understand.

So... let me see if I do. You are building a dovetailed box, then
veneering it with the appearance grade wood of your choice. You are
then using hidden mechanical joints as needed in the final assembly.
Yes? No?

The CAD sketch looks quite elegant, but in the construction phase it
looks like a gun safe. How much will that weigh when it is finished?

One more thing... I see the detail of the tenon sticking out top and
bottom to attach the legs. Will those be the only points and means of
attachement?

(Think of Artie Johnson's voice here...) Veeeeery intersting....

Robert