Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default cat urine under deck

wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have experience removing the strong stench of cat urine from
under a deck?

I've noticed stray cats in our yard the last couple of months and
hadn't thought much of it. They were passing through, no big deal.
Big mistake. Recently, our house started reeking of cat urine. Turns
out we've been having a couple of these cats staying under the deck
and it smells like a litter box. Very bad. Knock you on your ass
bad. They must have ****ed all over the house, marking territory,
because it reeks inside the house too. Back door and front door. And
this is winter with the doors closed up tight! Incredible.

Right now there's snow banks out there but I was hoping I could douse
the area with chemicals because I'm sure the smell is only going to
get worse when Spring hits. Anyone run into a chemical solution that
worked effectively (heard this is one of the worse smells to try to
get rid of).

Get yourself a good .22 rifle and start dropping the sonsabitches. A Marlin
60 or 10/22 Ruger would be perfect.
Then figure out what to do about the stench.