Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Clothes Washers Recommendations

I disagree. I have one of the original Maytag front loaders and although
Consumer Reports says it has a lousy repair record, ours went 8 years before
a repair. At year 5 Maytag did do a free enhancement to fix the mildew
issue. The original Maytag front loaders are available at Lowes and/or Home
Depot for around $550. If I was buying today I would probably get one.
Several years ago my parents moved to the area and we gave them our Maytag.
We bought the Sears/Whirlpool front loader to replace it because it is a big
bigger which is nice for comforters however the Maytag seems less
complicated and a better buy in my opinion.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Just remember that for the price of a front loader and matching dryer,
you could buy three top load washers, and three dryers as well, and
have an entire laundromat in your home. Yes, you save on water with a
front loader, but you will pay and pay and pay for repairs.