Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom J Tom  J is offline

Default Plastic Faucet Stem - Stripped Screw

Gerry Atrick wrote:

As far as the hardware store patching it, I never heard of such a
thing. If I could identify the faucet they could order a new one
for
me, but I cant ID the darn thing.

Gerry

I have 2 different hardware stores whin 5 miles of my home that have
trays and trays of parts for repairing things in the house, including
all kinds of faucets and valves. When I need repair parts, I just take
the bad part with me to the hardware store and hand it to the clerk.
They sell enough of these parts that most of the time they only have
to go to 1 or 2 trays to get the replacement part without the
manufacturer's name. My house was built in 1962 and they still have
repair parts for every faucet and valve in the house.

Tom J