Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeffy3 Jeffy3 is offline

Default Ice From New Ice Maker Tastes Bad

On Feb 7, 9:40 pm, " wrote:
But after about a week or so and it seems regardless how much or
little water is passed through it goes away.

I think it takes that much time for flux or something to dissolve.

yeah just keep tossing entire pans of ice till it goes away!

once did some water line work for my mom, the flux made the water ice
taste bad.it cleared up.

2 weeks later more plumbing I was adding outside water outlets.

Trying to avoid more off odors / tastes I did most of the work opened
the main valve to flush the lines, leaving a open fitting, then found
the main valve was bad and wouldnt turn off FLOOD CITY

By the time it was over, the water company came and lots of digging
looking for main house shut off.. street had been raised, adding to
hassle

I walked out of hardwarte without paying, so distressed, fortunately
the owner knew me and found it funny, I paid him. He mentioned my
shoes squishing from water left footprints in his store. he waited
till the next time I went there. embarassed

Once the water company got the main off they didnt want to wait while
I replaced valve. Said see you monday.. this was saturday morning

The water company employee got double time for getting called out on
weekend, 6 hours wether it only took him a minute, so he wanted to
leave

After some yelling he remained and main valve was replaced

It was well, one of those days............

Once the water guy left I HAD to finish the plumbing and clean up the
water the basement floor had low spots......

Thanks for reminding me, its funny looking back at it, my mom is dead
the house sold, at the time HASSLE, now a fond memory

Thanks for the story and the reassurance the smell should go away!
It is funny how something that was so stressful can become a fond
memory when the person you shared the experience with is no longer
around.