jim rozen

Default Ultra High Speed Metalworking

In article , mikee says...

I bet you are correct with that statement.

But I doubt very much that the crew of the merchant
ships going to the bottom cared about the exact
mechanism in the fish.

I've been reading a book on U-boat operations
in the atlantic during ww2. A lot of the times
the merchant ships were never really listed as
sunk, they just never showed up. The crew were
often not really well documented, it's not
clear really *how* many men were killed this way.

During the beginning of the war, the germans had
boats that were sailing up into NY harbor, never
challenged.

One story was that a US boat was asked to test the
defenses. They sailed in an used a signal light
to try to get the attention of one of the CG picket
boats. No reply. They had been told to be insistant.

The began firing signal flares across the bow of the
ship! That got some response.

Jim

please reply to: