Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default Distance between Stairs and room above

On 6 Feb, 14:52, wrote:
Thanks for the reply - that means I will need to increase the head
height by 10". I think I will cut out some more of the room above the
stairs. I think I will need to cut some of the framework of the floor
to get enought room.

Thanks again.

Robert

The ceiling over my stairs slopes from 7" joist to zero thickness. I
assume the joist supporting the wall of the room above is higher than
normal such that it is entirely inside the wall, if you see what I
mean. I don't know if this idea would help you.
Cheers,
Simon.