Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Connections for main earth bonding to gas/water?

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
For an all-copper system like mine, Whitfield shows the water pipe
earthed on the *street* side of the stopcock, whereas the gas pipe it is
on the *house* side of the stopcock (Fig 5.13). I'm assuming that's
correct but can't understand the logic behind it - before I unpack my
earth clamps please can someone explain?!

I must be Irish - to be sure to be sure - but always bond both sides of
the stopcock and gas meter/cutoff valve. Clamps ain't expensive.

--
*Upon the advice of my attorney, my shirt bears no message at this time

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.