Mark Rand

Default Electrolytic rust removal question

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:39:13 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Orrin Iseminger" wrote in message
.. .

I've only mixed a five gallon batch according to your recipe. I've
never been able to see any difference between the results it brings
and the results my weaker solutions yield in the large tanks.

Orrin

Regarding tanks, have you ever compared the weak solution of Ted's formula
with the performance of straight washing soda?

Ed Huntress

I tend to use clothes washing powder, with a bit of bicarbonate of soda if I
have it lying around. Seems to work ok for me. I suspect that anything ionic,
basic and with non strongly-oxidising ions will do the job.

Mark Rand
RTFM