Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark K Mark K is offline

Default New acrylic paint on concrete is bubbling

Many thanks. It is frustrating when one seeks advise from the hardware
store, follow the instructions and now this.

Cheers
Mark

On Jan 21, 6:02 am, "DanG" wrote:
Did you perform a chloride test on theconcretebefore you decided
topaint?

Do the bubbles contain water?

I suspect you have hydrostatic pressure pushing water up. Allconcretepaints and sealers require testing and understanding of
water perms. There are many floor finishes/sealers/adhesives/
that cannot be used withconcretefloors that have a water
transmission factor above a certain level.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Mark K" wrote in oglegroups.com...

Hi

I applied a new coat ofacrylicpaintonconcretea couple of
days ago.

I etched theconcretewith commercial etching solution and
ensured it
was clean before applying thepaint.

It is nowbubblingin the heat of the day.

Is there any way to fix the bubbles? Should I puncture them?

Mark- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -