Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] scott21230@gmail.com is offline

Default "Patching" water damaged cabinets

Exactly what does "in situ" mean?

And in the future only buy all wood cabinets. I don't think you can
fix particleboard. You can re-veneer them, but that's actually more
expensive than putting in a replacement piece of plywood, and doesn't
fix the underlying wood. I am not sure if you can fix it in place but
it may be possible to hack out the crappy particleboard, then somehow
fasten in a piece of plywood, then stain and varnish it. The problem
with that is that you are still trying to attach a piece of good wood
to other crappy particleboard. It might be possible to forget about
mounting it in and make the replacement piece more like a pedistol
(spelling"?) and just set it in place.