Posted to misc.consumers.house
sylvan butler sylvan butler is offline

Default Generator 220v Twistlock - (2) 110v outlets

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 13:42:27 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
In article , sylvan butler wrote:

Since the L14-30 is a 30amp system, if you use 20amp outlets on each
leg, you may draw 50% more power thru an outlet than it is designed to
handle.

How do you figure that?

What is the amperage rating on an L14-30? 30 amps.

What is the amerage rating on a standard "duplex" outlet? 15 or 20 amps.

be up to code?

Probably not.

Why not? What article is it in violation of?

I'm not going to waste my time trying to find the reference. But if you
think you can safely wire a 20amp outlet into a 30amp circuit, please go
right ahead.

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com