Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default New acrylic paint on concrete is bubbling

On 19 Jan 2007 02:26:30 -0800, "Mark K" wrote:

Hi

I applied a new coat of acrylic paint on concrete a couple of days ago.

I etched the concrete with commercial etching solution and ensured it
was clean before applying the paint.

It is now bubbling in the heat of the day.

Is there any way to fix the bubbles? Should I puncture them?

Mark

imho:

I was warned against using regular paint on concrete, that moisture
will migrate and seperte the paint from the concrete, especially if
you seal. I'm guessing this bubble is just that.

I'm guessing here, but many concrete paints are epoxies. Might be a
reason for that.

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info