Ted Edwards

Default Electrolytic rust removal question

Orrin Iseminger wrote:

Your recipe is the one I tell folks about, but perhaps you can shed
some light on it for me.

What's the question?

When I do the calculations for a 55 gallon batch (I have two vats, one
55-gallons and the other over 100-gallons) that figures out to a very
large quantity of washing soda. Out of necessity, I mix my solutions
weaker. I still get all the current draw that my power supplies can
handle.

Your weaker solution will have lower conductivity but, from your last
sentence, that is irrelevent to the current flow. Do you find it just
as effective as a higher concentration?

Ted