Mark Rand

Default Electrolytic rust removal question

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:44:15 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

From my reading about the process (and I know little about electrochemistry
myself), it appears there is no erosion of metal involved at all, on either
side. That's why I question the idea that stainless causes a problem.

Ed Huntress

I have used stainless because I have some sheet which is about the right size.
I have neither seen or measured any loss from the stainless anode although it
is very obvious (from current variations) that one must run with reverse
polarity regularly to de-polarize the anode. I imagine that carbon would not
suffer from this problem???

Mark Rand
RTFM