Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default robert shaw thermostat says 'lo bat' but battery is fresh

"MLD" wrote in message news:ma8nh.55$Ke.40@trndny08...

"Art" wrote in message
link.net...
In my furnace, if the safety decides to disconnect it stops juice to the
thermostat which then runs down the back up battery and end up with

drained
battery. Usually happens if condensation pump sticks and overflow tells
furnace to turn off. If you have a condensation pump check the sump to

see
if it is full. Otherwise you may have a more significant furnace
problem.
Condensation pump floats often stick due to algae and sump needs to be
cleaned once in a while.

"sofireme" wrote in message
news:4ceb66f7074c97aa8ee723e2d223ac2e@homerepairli ve.com...
I tried replacing the batteries twice. The first time the thermostat

worked
fine for a couple hours but after that it shuts off and says 'lo bat'.
referred to the users manual and got nothing.

Thanks, people.

Hard to believe that you allow the condensate pump to shut down your
furnace. What's the better option---some water on the floor or frozen
pipes? Do you actually spend time away in the winter unconcerned that a
"sticky" float could trigger frozen pipes?
MLD

The issue is condensate backing up into the furnace. I didn't design it....
talk to industry leaders. My house has 3 separate HVAC systems. The only
way my house could freeze is a power failure.