Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Household plumbing insurance cover - any good ?

Phil L wrote:
wrote:
Normally I would just put it straight in the bin without a second look
but today I read it .....

A leaflet from Anglia Water offering household plumbing insurance
cover via Homeserve GB Ltd for just £1.99 / month for this year then
£2.99/ month.

Cover seems OK and as our house is very old, as most of the service
connections are, and the internal c/h plumbing/water tanks etc are 40
yrs old at least, the cover seems to offer a certain peace of mind.
I won't go into all the details but am I too full of the seasonal
goodwill still and feeling generous ? Has anyone taken out this type
of cover and have they had to use it and with what success ?

Please feel free to comment.
Thanks

Brian

We get them occasionally from united utilities, ours are priced similarly
but are only for underground service pipes, IE the water main from the
street to your house...having been in the building game for 25 years and
only ever seen (or even heard of) one such incident, they go directly into
the bin.

If you are on a water meter is however worth checking if your household
insurance covers you for "loss of water" (mine does) as if you did get a
problem and did not notice it for some time your water bill could be
astronomical.