Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tomes Tomes is offline

Default Household recycling

"Michael Black" wrote in message
Or, you could place a classified ad in the paper, or in more recent times
post to your local buy and sell newsgroup. Or put it on your front
lawn with a sign that says "free, take it".

But no, instead, people always want to talk about "freecycle" as if
some bozo invented the notion of giving away stuff a few years back.
They can't conceive of doing it without "freecycle".

I used to live on a through road. The stuff I put out there with a 'free'
sign that disappeared never ceased to amaze us. Broken toilets, used
mattresses, busted mowers. Some OK stuff as well. It all went to someone,
and we never knew to whom.

Now we live at the end of a road. Better for the kids, but we need to be
more creative in losing stuff now.
Tomes