Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Seerialmom Seerialmom is offline

Default Household recycling

Don K wrote:
"Seerialmom" wrote in message
ups.com...

Don K wrote:

I stash things into those economy storage boxes from Staples. They
cost about $5 for 6 boxes with lids (13x13x16inch).

Since this is also included on the frugal newsgroup; let's save money
and use those copy paper boxes with the lids. Anytime I see those near
our printers at work I snag them and they're just the right size for
storage. Not sure if places like Kinkos or Officemax (the printing
area) have those available for customers or not; I know my mom used to
snag the ones they had when she worked for a school district, too.

That's great as long as you can get as many boxes as you need that
are identical.

A collection of mixed-sized boxes wouldn't stack neatly and would
just add to clutter, IMO. I've been able to get the same-size
boxes whenever I needed them, from Staples over the past 20 years .

Don

That was the point of getting the copy paper boxes; they are the same
size (depending on whether it's standard or legal that is). And they
have these snug fitting tops. I agree, I don't like a mish-mash of
boxes.