Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Seerialmom Seerialmom is offline

Default Household recycling

James wrote:
I'm at a point where I recycle storage space by throwing out junk that
I should have thrown out years ago. All the things I saved never got
matched to anything I needed. Easier to toss out garbage and just buy
something if the need arises.

The other thing about recycling is that when you finally can actually
use something, you've forgotten where you stored it.

That sounds like me this weekend; my mom had given me a big jar of
buttons that sat on a pantry shelf for years. My son decided he didn't
want "white" buttons on his black polo shirt so I went to get the
jar...and it was GONE! And darn if I can't remember whether I gave
them away, sold them or merely misplaced them (my daughter did have the
jar in her room before she moved, too). So I broke down and spent
..70¢ for 3 black buttons. But while I was at the craft store I also
scored on 3 boxes of 100 count red/white/blue lights for $2.00
each...Happy Fourth of July to me!