Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default Household recycling

In article ,
KLS wrote:

Your points are all well taken, but instead of throwing the stuff in
the weekly garbage, offer it up on your local list on Freecycle.org,
and you'd be amazed at who'll take the stuff and make good use of it,
warming the cockles of your heart and keeping crap out of the
landfill. I'm a hard-core Freecycler now (I've freecycled sand and
camping fuel!).

Thats what I initially thought but my experiences with freecycle have
totally soured me on it. I asked people to phone, not email. Many
emailed anyway. Then they wanted to come when it was convenient for
them and the h--- with my schedule. And then they expected me to
deliver. and when they came, they wouldn't just take the box of stuff,
but they had to spread it over my garage to pick out what they wanted
and left the rest.

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L