Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Household recycling

KLS wrote:
On 31 Dec 2006 17:16:31 -0800, "James" wrote:

I'm at a point where I recycle storage space by throwing out junk
that I should have thrown out years ago. All the things I saved
never got matched to anything I needed. Easier to toss out garbage
and just buy something if the need arises.

Your points are all well taken, but instead of throwing the stuff in
the weekly garbage, offer it up on your local list on Freecycle.org,

That isnt offering it up, its offering it down.

and you'd be amazed at who'll take the stuff and
make good use of it, warming the cockles of your heart

My heart doesnt have any cockles.

and keeping crap out of the landfill.

Pity about the other crap.

I'm a hard-core Freecycler now
(I've freecycled sand and camping fuel!).

Pffft. That aint anything like hard core.