Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Melissa Melissa is offline

Default Household recycling

Glass babyfood jars are perfect for keeping various sizes of hardware
such as screws, nuts, etc. They can be easily sorted and rearranged
for quick browsing when you need something. I've got hardware that
has been sitting around in jars for over 50 years, that I still am using.

Do they still sell baby food in glass jars? I haven't looked at baby food
lately, but the commerials all seem to be advertising peel off seal type
containers like yogurt.

My dad, years ago in the '70s had a work shop in his basement. He had a rack
that was specially made to hold baby food jars. The lids had to be on the
jars, and they slid into compartments that were just the right size. It made
it easy to sort and store different size bolts, nuts, screws etc. If I
remember correctly, it held probably 16-20 jars and was made out of red
sheet metal.

I have no idea if someone made it for him, or if it was an item available at
hard ware stores back then.

Melissa