Posted to alt.home.repair
bowgus bowgus is offline

Default Digital Heat Thermostat: If Batteries Run-Down, What happens ?

wrote:
I added a regular thermostat set at 50 degrees, just in case the
electronic one flakes out.

Cheap insurance if you ask me

Provided that the electronic one does not fail to say ... 110 degrees
:-) Many years ago a buddy came home after a weekend away .. to a
temperature of 90 degrees or so (I don't recall the exact temperature).
I use the trusty old manual thermostats. I have a screwnail stop point
at about 64 degrees ... and I turn it down a 1/2 " when I go out and at
night, or a 1/4 " if I'm working around the house ... and to about a
1/8" of the stop point for sitting around. And I have a wall
thermometer beside it for the reference. Those electronic thermostats
are just not flexible enough for me ... or maybe it's the going to get
my frikken glasses every time I need to access anything electronic
these days :-).