Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Delta 14" band saw dust collection

Best dust collection for an enclosed stand (at least as tested best
prior to introduction) is the method used for the current Delta
domestic unit such as the X5. It uses a cuttout in the bottom of the
lower guard that is over a cuttout in the stand with a chute that
angles to the back of the stand.

I have an X5, and the front sheet metal collector works far better than
the chute / rear connector. I've tried them connected by wye and
individually, and the front collector has worked the best for me.