Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Delta 14" band saw dust collection

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:49:42 -0500, Leuf
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:26:03 -0500, B A R R Y
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:37:15 GMT, "Max"
wrote:

I searched Google for some info on dust collection for my saw. Not much
luck.
Anyone know of a better set up than the factory small port?

I have the metal Delta fitting that attaches below the table. I
bought it years ago at Coastal Tool. My particular fitting accepts a
5" dust hose. It's not perfect, but it's better than anything else
I've seen. It was ~$20 US, as I recall.

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-50-239-D.../dp/B00004Z048

Ridiculous price.

But, not a bad idea. I'm sure I could make one from scrap material
and the picture provided. Currently I'm using a wooden doughnut that
I turned on my lathe. It has a tapered hole that friction-fits onto
the Delta DC port, then the 4" DC hose fits over the outside.

What I'm currently using is just the shop vac with tapered nozzle
hanging from a string tied to the table pin. If you can get the
sawdust right below the table before it gets to the lower blade guides
then you'll get most of it. I intend to make a better fitting
attachment in the future, but the tapered nozzle is working pretty
well for the short term.

-Leuf