Donald

Default Potential Relay for phase converter

"gradstdnt" wrote in message
om...
I am working on building a 7.5 hp rotary converter. I plan on using a
start circuit with start cap that drops out after a potential relay.

----------------------------
I used a double pole NO start push button. One pole to close the motor
contactor and the other to close a relay that connected the start caps.
After the convertor starts release the start button and the relay drops out
the start caps. No expensive potential relay needed.
Don Warner
Here is a shot of my 3 hp converter I built over three years ago. I
outgrew it and thus a 7.5 hp unit. Will be up for sale as soon as I
get my 7.5 hp unit together.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...otary_conv.jpg