Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
malc malc is offline

Default Cutting skirting board for laminate flooring

DavidM wrote:
My son has just moved into his first (1930s) house and
wants to lay laminate flooring in some rooms. He doesn't
want to use a bead around the edge, prefering to lay the
laminate under the skirting. Rather than try and remove
the skirting (and probably wreck most of it in the process)
he's wondering if there's some sort of power saw that
can be used to just cut 10-15mm of the bottom - a bit
like a circular saw, but without anything protruding far
from the right hand edge. Obviously the depth would have
to be carefully set to avoid any power cables behind the
skirting, (which is why I think a jigsaw won't be suitable)
and he may have to use a knife/chisel to get right into the
corners.
Any ideas on this please?

We've just laid laminate flooring in our lounge and I'm never doing it
again. We used that Aqualok clicky together stuff and it took me 15 hours.
I'm not particularly cack handed so either I missed something really obvious
or you have to assemble a whole run (i.e. room width) of the stuff then
click it into the previous run.

Anyway we didn't used a bead or cur the skirting. We used a 1 cm wide cork
strip round the edge and left it exposed. Of course you do have to make sure
the edges line up perfectly especially in the middle round the hearth.

--
Malc

"AFB Mr Tracey."
"Underbirths are og"