Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Cutting skirting board for laminate flooring

On Dec 13, 8:39 pm, "the_constructor"
wrote:
"DavidM" wrote in messagenews

My son has just moved into his first (1930s) house and
wants to lay laminate flooring in some rooms. He doesn't
want to use a bead around the edge, prefering to lay the
laminate under the skirting. Rather than try and remove
the skirting (and probably wreck most of it in the process)
he's wondering if there's some sort of power saw that
can be used to just cut 10-15mm of the bottom - a bit
like a circular saw, but without anything protruding far
from the right hand edge. Obviously the depth would have
to be carefully set to avoid any power cables behind the
skirting, (which is why I think a jigsaw won't be suitable)
and he may have to use a knife/chisel to get right into the
corners.
Any ideas on this please?
David

Laminate flooring looks nice, but as far as I am concerned, it makes a room
echo like mad and is not really a pleasant experience for the neighbours
either.
My neighbour has laminate flooring and we can ear everytime someone walks
into her lounge

Carpets are much better

And just how does that help the OP?